Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

"The secret in education lies in respecting the student." 
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saw this today at Talbots.com and thought about its meaning such a simple statement but so wise just think if every teacher especially middle school teachers said this every day what a difference it could make. My 27 year old daughter is in college getting her degree in Social Journalism at Cal State Dominguez Hills and doing it all herself on grant monies and loans. Talbots is not usually a store I shop at but she saw an ad for 50% off one item day and tagged some slacks she wanted so I purchased them for her and perusing their site I found they offer size-able grants for women starting later in life to get a college degree. Does Miss 27 qualify? If any one deserves one she certainly does! Ok I admit I am prejudice because after all I am her mom and naturally I think everything she says and does is just the best thing ever.


OOPS Hubby is calling got to go for now more to this story later...Baby Weah's first sentence not first word first sentence!

No comments:

Post a Comment